Enter "I Confess, I Collect"
Collectors, it's time to take pride in your hobby and show your stuff!
For our Boys Love Barbie, Too section, we're teaming up with Mattel to create the ultimate collector's contest. "I Confess, I Collect" asks you to take a picture of yourself with a Barbie doll, or with your entire collection, and send it in to us with a 200-word explanation for why you are—or should be—the ultimate collector. Each week readers will vote for a winner (so send your friends), and that person will score one (1) Barbie from Mattel and go on to the final round on September 26.
What does the the final winner of that round get?
A prize package of over 30 dolls from the 2011 collection! That's a crazy, cool prize that will earn you the title of ultimate collector (at least among your frends).
Enter now to be in this week's voting! (Sorry, kids, you've got to be over 18 to participate. Check out the rules below.)
“I Confess, I Collect” Photo/Essay Contest
1. Eligibility: Contest is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and the District of Columbia age eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and, and anywhere else prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Mattel, Inc. (“Mattel”) and Here Media (collectively “Sponsors”), affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respect.
2. Entry: To participate in “I Confess, I Collect”, entrants must upload a two-hundred word (maximum) essay and a photograph of themselves with their collection or favorite Barbie® doll. Here Media, acting on behalf of both itself and Mattel, reserves the right to disqualify any entry because of inappropriate content, deviation from the rules, or any other matter based on its sole discretion. Only one (1) entry per computer is permitted during the duration of the contest.
3. Contest Period: Contest begins on August 15, 2011 at 12:00:00 AM E.D.T. and ends on September 29, 2011 at 11:59:00 PM E.D.T.
4. Winner Determination and Judging: Here Media, acting on behalf of itself and Mattel, will select photos from contest entries for display in “Boys Love Barbie, Too” on Gay.net, found at Gay.net/entertainment/boys-love-barbie-too. Each week readers will vote for their favorite photo. The winner of each week’s voting will become a finalist. From September 26-29, entries will be re-judged by readers and judges. The finalist with the most votes will be considered the winner. The winner will be announced on September 30, 2011 in “Boys Love Barbie, Too.”
During the initial Judging Period identified above, eligible Submissions are to be judged by Gay.net visitors based on the following criteria and the indicated weights: (i) creativity/originality (33.3%), (ii) Quality of Submission (33.3%); and (iii) Fit to Contest Theme (33.3%) (collectively, the “Criteria”). Based on the total number of votes during the Judging Period, one (1) submission will be selected as the winner each week and will go to the “Finals.” If there is a tie, Here Media will apply the same Criteria to break the tie and determine the winner.
During the Re-Judging Period from September 26-29 2011, Gay.net visitors will re-evaluate the Finalists’ Submissions using the Criteria, which will count for twenty-five percent (25%) of the Final Judging Score. Using the same Criteria, Here Media (acting on behalf of both itself and Mattel) will evaluate the finalists’ submissions, which will count for seventy-five percent (75%) of the Final Judging Score. The finalist with the highest Final Judging Score will be notified by email on September 30th, 2011. If there is a tie after the Judges determine the Final Judging Score, Here Media will apply the same Criteria to break the tie and determine the winner.
5. Prize: The winner of each week’s voting will receive one (1) Barbie® doll provided by Mattel (ARV: $35.) The winning entrant will receive placement on Daily.Gay.net’s “Boys Love Barbie, Too” and a prize package, provided by Mattel, consisting of over 30 dolls from the 2011 collection (ARV: $1580.) Mattel, acting on behalf of itself and Here Media, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
6. Claiming Prize: The winners will be announced on “Boys Love Barbie, Too” by Here Media, acting on behalf of itself and Mattel, and a notification email will be sent out within 5 days of announcement. In order to collect the prize, the winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a publicity release, a W-9, and other required information, within 10 business days of notification. Disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected if winner fails to respond timely, if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules. All taxes, including federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. If required by law, winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form (winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding prize winnings).
7. General Conditions: By entering the contest and/or accepting the prize, where permitted by law, participants grant to the Sponsors, the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any media and medium, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval. Further, participants release and agree to hold harmless the Sponsors, their affiliates (including, without limitation, advertisers) and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site; to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is determined to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Submission of entry indicates participant’s acceptance of the terms and rules in these Official Rules.
Sponsors reserve the rights to change, modify, cancel, or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Sponsors strive to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date. Errors and omissions may occur and will be subject to correction without prior notification.
8. Disputes: Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts in Los Angeles County, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys' costs or fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
9. Data Collection: Information collected from participant's entry is subject to the Sponsors’ Privacy Policies, which are located at http: http://www.heremedia.com/legal/privacy_policy/ and http://corporate.mattel.com/privacy-policy.aspx.
10. Sponsor’s Addresses: Mattel, Inc., 333 Continental Blvd, El Segunda, CA 90245 and Here Media, 10990 Wilshire Blvd, Penthouse, Los Angeles, CA 90024.