Eight Reasons Why You'll Never Top Rufus Wainwright's Wedding
Singer-songwriter Rufus Wainwright wed his longtime partner, German-born theater producer Jorn Weisbrodt, Thursday at his house in Montauk, New York, as reported by People.com. Yeah, we weren’t invited either, and here's why we're so bitter about it:
1. The wedding ceremony was officiated by — who else? — trans entertainer Mx. Justin Vivian Bond, a close friend of the couple.
2. Because the men went with a cheeky shabby chic reception at the Clam Bar between Montauk and Amagansett, the menu included lobster rolls, local corn, steamers, clams, and chowder — and Nicolas Feuillatte champagne for toasting.
3. The Salome Chamber Orchestra, David Aron Carpenter, and Rufus's sister, singer-songwriter Martha Wainwright, performed during the ceremony, and DJ duties were later taken on by Mark Ronson — producer of Rufus’s latest album, Out of the Game — and hipster duo AndrewAndrew.
4. Reading like a Who’s Cool of the Art and Entertainment World, the guest list included Alan Cumming, Julianne Moore, Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon, Marina Abramovic, Antony Hegarty, Ingrid Sischy, Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson, Cindy Sherman, Natasha Lyonne, and Carrie Fisher.
5. Not only did both grooms wear custom Viktor & Rolf Monsieur suits, but designers Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren were also in attendance.
6. Their official wedding photo, seen above, was snapped by noted photographer Tim Hailand, who's best known for his One Day in the Life of book series starring Daniel Radcliffe, Jake Shears, and, yes, Rufus Wainwright.
7. Wainwright and his hubby have hilariously requested money in lieu of physical presents so that they can pay off their 25-foot Airstream, an aluminum travel trailer that they recently ordered.
8. The official wedding party favor was a jar of local plum jam inscribed “Rufus+Jorn’s Hochzeit” — which means “wedding” in German. Mmm… plum jam.
Check out a few more candid wedding photos at NYDailyNews.com.