Enter “I Need to Shave My Style”
Now through the new year the Cutting Edge Style section will offer up tips and tricks on how you can create a look that fits you and your personality. From hot hair to the best manscaping techniques, we're going to cover it all. We're also going to help some of you create your look using the best equipment possible.
“I Need to Shave My Style” is the contest, and since Braun cruZer is presenting this section we thought it would be cool to give away a couple of them to a few lucky readers. Here's how it works:
1. Take a photo of yourself.
2. Fill out the form below so that we know where to send the Braun cruZer if you win.
3. Explain in 100 words or less why you need to win the Braun cruZer. Tell the readers who you are, where you live and what you do. Talk about the style you're trying to create and why a Braun cruZer will help you get that look. If you're single, let them know that as well; it can't hurt.
4. Upload that photo you took
5. Click "submit" and you're done... for now.
Next Tuesday, Novemeber 29th, we'll post some entries and voting will begin. Vote for yourself, then send your friends to do the same. The person with the most votes wins. It's that simple. We'll be doing this each week, with voting for the last round on the week of December 19th.
Don't need a Braun cruZer but know someone who does? Get his permission, then take his pic and submit, letting us know why your buddy needs the help. The more guys we get the more fun this will be.
Photo: Ronnie Abaldonado for Braun cruZer
“I Need to Shave My Style” Photo/Essay Contest
1. Eligibility: Contest is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and the District of Columbia age eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and anywhere else prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Here Media (“Sponsors”), affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respect.
2. Entry: To participate in “I Need to Shave My Style”, entrants must upload a one-hundred word (maximum) essay about their need for style along with a photograph of themselves. This contest is sponsored solely by Here Media. Here Media reserves the right to disqualify any entry because of inappropriate content, deviation from the rules, or any other matter based on its sole discretion.
3. Contest Period: Contest begins on November 29, 2011 at 12:00:00 AM E.S.T. and ends on December 27, 2011 at 11:59:00 PM E.S.T.
4. Winner: Here Media will select photos from contest entries for display in “Cutting Edge Style” on Gay.net/style, found at Gay.com/CuttingEdgeStyle. Each week readers will vote for their favorite photo. The winner of each week’s voting will become a winner. A winner will be announced each week.
5. Prize: The winner of each week’s voting will receive one (1) Braun CruZer provided by Braun and supplied by Here Media. The winning entrant each week will receive placement on Gay.net/style “Cutting Edge Style.”
6. Claiming Prize: The winners will be announced on “Cutting Edge Style” by Here Media and a notification email will be sent out within 5 days of announcement. In order to collect the prize, the winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a publicity release, a W-9, and other required information, within 10 business days of notification. Disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected if winner fails to respond timely, if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules. All taxes, including federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. If required by law, winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form (winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding prize winnings).
7. General Conditions: By entering the contest and/or accepting the prize, where permitted by law, participants grant to the Sponsors, the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any media and medium, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval. Further, participants release and agree to hold harmless the Sponsors, their affiliates (including, without limitation, advertisers) and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site; to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is determined to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Submission of entry indicates participant’s acceptance of the terms and rules in these Official Rules.
Sponsors reserve the rights to change, modify, cancel, or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Sponsors strive to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date. Errors and omissions may occur and will be subject to correction without prior notification.
8. Disputes: Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts in Los Angeles County, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys' costs or fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
9. Data Collection: Information collected from participant's entry is subject to the Sponsors’ Privacy Policies, which are located at http: http://www.heremedia.com/legal/privacy_policy/.