Top 5 Dog Breeds to Fetch a Date
It doesn’t take a genius to realize the potential joy that can be yours from having a furry four-legged friend in your life.
Dogs are a source of unconditional love – even when we’re in a totally bitchy mood.
They shower us with affection each time we return home, love to cuddle, and never judge us for bingeing on Ben & Jerry’s while streaming a Julia Roberts marathon on Netflix.
But as every gay man knows, dogs can also provide the perfect excuse for that hot guy to chat you up while you’re on a walk with your pup in the park.
However, contrary to popular belief, not all dogs have the power to turn you into a dude magnet. In fact, some breeds of man’s best friend can actually hurt your chances for scoring a potential date.
Thankfully, Klooff – the premier app for pet lovers – has conducted an international study to illuminate the types of dogs that make guys irresistible and which breeds to avoid. The top five breeds that made men more attractive were:
5. French Bulldogs
4. Siberian Huskies
3. Labrador Retrievers
2. Golden Retrievers
1. German Shepherds
Other interesting tidbits the study uncovered were:
- People were twice as likely to see a man who owns a Boxer, a Bulldog or Rottweiler as just a “hook up” than a man who owns a Pit Bull or Labrador Retriever.
- People are over 10 times more likely to see a man who owns a Golden Retriever and 3 times more likely to see a man who owns a German Shepherd as "marriage material" or "boyfriend material,” than a man who owns a Pit Bull.
- People are 10 times more likely to see a man who owns a Pit Bull or a Rottweiler as “slimy” or “sketchy” than a man who owns a Siberian Husky.
- People are very likely to see a man who owns a Labrador Retriever as a potential "great dad."
- People see male Siberian Husky owners as "more manly" than male owners of Bulldogs.
Has your canine companion had an impact on your dating life? Sound off in the comments below and share your thoughts on the great doggie debate.
For more information on the top dogs for dateable dudes check out the Klooff website.