Bianca Del Rio in 13
Bianca Del Rio began her drag career in 1997 and quickly became known for her vast experience working in the theater, cabaret and bar scenes as an actor, costume designer, and improvisational comic. She hosts numerous events and show, and is also one of the stars in Gay.com’s Queens of Drag series. As her episode premieres this week, she took a second to answer 13 of our questions.
Check them out, then watch her episode.
1. How did you come up with Bianca Del Rio’s name?
A drag friend in New Orleans gave it to me. There’s no real significance. It just sounded legal, so I kept it.
2. When did you discover who she really was?
I have always known who she is: She’s my nasty attitude in a wig.
3. What do you love about audiences?
Laughter, laughter, laughter! Not to mention their honesty. They set the scene for all of my material.
4. What do you hate about some audiences?
When they show up with a stick up their asses and no sense of humor! Basically, Hedda Lettuce in a chair.
5. What’s your favorite place to perform and why?
It’s a toss up. Any funeral, or my hometown of New Orleans on Mardi Gras day! Mainly ‘cause they are always ready to drop the dead weight and party!
6. Where do you dream of performing one day?
My dream place to perform? Lady Bunny’s funeral. I think the reasons are obvious!
7. Who is your inspiration?
My acting inspiration is Charo because she worked on The Love Boat for years and never cleaned any of the cabins!
8. What song do you associate with your coming out?
I would have to say “Send In the Clowns” ‘Cause I’m a clown.
9. What hang-ups do you wish people would get over?
I wish people would get over the fact that some pretty ladies may have a five o'clock shadow, but they still want their dick sucked! Sorry, did I say that out loud?
11. Favorite curse word?
Fuck. Or maybe ass-fucking-hole. Or fuckin’ stupid fuck? It seems all roads lead to fuck.
12. The new school year has startd. What advice would you give a girl preparing for her Homecoming dance?
When she aborts the baby in the bathroom she should hold its head under the water and flush twice! Twice, I say, ‘cause I found out the hard way!
13. What do you think is the greatest gift drag performers give to the world?
The greatest gift a drag performer gives to the world? An STD and a smile.