Make Your Pet a Star in"The Doggie Hub"
At Gay.com we love our pets, and throughout 2011 we're going to let you spotlight your best friend in our new Doggie Hub. Plus, people who enter get a chance to win a fun prize pack! Here's how you can play along:
Sit down at your computer and put your pet's pertinent info in an e-mail, like name, age, species, and anything else you want us to know about the critter. Keep it to 200 words or less.
Lay out your info as well, including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
Send the e-mail to email@example.com.
Starting January 25th, we'll put up pet profiles throughout the week, and over the weekend you can vote on your favorite. Your BFF may be in the running, so get your friends to play along and vote.
The week of February 21 the finalists will be announced, and Gay.com readers will vote for their favorite. The winner will get a prize pack of fun stuff for him and his pet.
1. Eligibility: Contest is offered only to legal residents eighteen (18) years of age or older in the United States and void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, outside the United States, and anywhere else prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Gay.com LLC (“Sponsor”), affiliated and subsidiary companies, and its and their advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respect.
2. Entry: To participate in “The Doggie Hub Photo Contest”, entrants must e-mail a photograph of their pet(s) with a brief description to DoggieHub@gay.com. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry because of inappropriate content, deviation from the rules, or any other matter based on Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to edit description and photo to suit editorial needs.
3. Contest Period: Contest begins on January 25, 2011 at 12:00:00 AM E.S.T. and ends on February 24, 2011 at 6:00:00 AM E.S.T.
4. Winner: Sponsor will select photos from contest entries for display in “The Doggie Hub” on Gay.com, found at Gay.com/Cesar. Each week readers will vote for their favorite photo. The winner of each week’s voting will become a finalist. On February 21-23, 2011, readers will vote for their favorite finalist. The finalist with the most votes will be considered the winner. The winner will be announced on February 24, 2011 in “The Doggie Hub.”
5. Prize: The winning entry will receive placement on Gay.com’s “The Doggie Hub” and a prize package valued at $150. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable.
6. Claiming Prize: The winner will be announced by Sponsor and a notification email will be sent out within 5 days of the conclusion of the contest. In order to collect the prize, the winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a publicity release, a W-9, and other required information, within 10 business days of notification. Disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected if winner fails to respond timely, if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules. All taxes, including federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. If required by law, winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form (winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding prize winnings).
7. General Conditions: By entering the contest and/or accepting the prize, where permitted by law, participants grant to the Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsors’ authority, (and agree to confirm said grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any media and medium, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval. Further, participants release and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates (including, without limitation, advertisers) and its and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site; to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is determined to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Submission of entry indicates participant’s acceptance of the terms and rules in these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the rights to change, modify, cancel, or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Sponsor strives to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date. Errors and omissions may occur and will be subject to correction without prior notification.
8. Disputes: Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts in Los Angeles County, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys' costs or fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
9. Data Collection: Information collected from participant's entry is subject to the Sponsor’s Privacy Policies, which is located at http://www.heremedia.com/legal/privacy_policy/.