Shot Callers: Matt Maggiacomo
"I think I may be the voice of my generation. Or at least a voice of a generation." The words by the brilliant Lena Dunham as Hannah Horvath on HBO's GIRLS. A telling statement in an age where, with just the perfect amount of Twitter followers, Facebook friends, and YouTube views, any Hannah can leave a mark.
I'm Matt Maggiacomo. A voice of a generation, because I, like Hannah, have a voice and belong to a generation. My voice is part of my makeup as a journalist and writer. It also makes me an effective one. My voice is integral to being an outspoken New Yorker and LGBT activist. Also, an effective tool to motivate, inspire and share. As for my my generation, they are a fickle group. A bunch struggling almost as much to communicate efficiently as they are to find unpaid internships, nevermind jobs, that fulfill them. And so this is where we start the conversation about answering 'a higher calling.' Through my musings I hope you learn a little bit about me, my interests, and occasional sharp opinions, and through them I'd like to discuss the notion of finding a purpose. We all have one, I think.
Over the next few weeks, you can like me, friend me, follow me, tweet me. Listen to my voice. How long it trends is up to you.
Matt on Facebook
Matt on Instagram
Matt on Twitter
The Latest From Matt on Facebook
- LIKE the official Barry's Bootcamp TriBeCa page
- Hey Bootcampers! I'm in the midst of moving apartments so the LOVELY Rebecca Kennedy will be subbing my 2 PM TODAY, and 12:30 & 1:45 on Sunday. I will miss you but will see you next week! WORK HARD FOR BECCA!
- The next in my blog post series for GAY.NET....Facebook Politics.
- All about GUN CONTROL @BarrysBootcampNYC - TODAY ARMS & ABS at 2 PM, 4 PM, and 5:15 PM!
- Next in my series of blog posts for Gay.Net - have a read and let me know your thoughts about what music says about a generation.
- Hey All! Want to share with you a new project I'm working on with the kind folks at GAY.NET. Over the next few weeks I'll be blogging and tweeting for the site as part of their 'Shot Callers' series sponsored by Virgin Mobile. If you read enough of my blog posts perhaps I can persuade Richard Branson to send me to space. http://www.gay.net/shot-callers/2012/09/12/matt-maggiacomo
- Abstastic! Rise to the challenge! No fear! HARDCORE AT FOUR! BBC CHELSEA
- Don't forget! Get Fit for Fashion at #NYFW - Barry's Bootcamp NYC will be there from 4-6PM TODAY! See you then!
- When are you working out today? How about 2 PM with me? 5:15 PM maybe? Yeah, I thought so. @Barrysbootcamp
- HARD CORE THURSDAYS! 4 & 5:15 PM TODAY!